- 1½ tbsp tamarind pulp or paste
- 50g golden muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- thumb-sized piece ginger , chopped
- 1.2kg new potatoes
- 3 tbsp natural low-fat yogurt
- 4 tbsp chopped coriande Method
- To make the dressing, put the tamarind pulp in a small pan, pour over 75ml boiling water and add the sugar, cumin and ginger. Simmer, without a lid, until the dressing thickens and becomes syrupy, about 10-15 mins. It should have a pleasant tang - add extra sugar if needed.
- While the tamarind is cooking, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the potatoes. Return to the boil and cook for 15 mins until tender. Drain, then cool slightly before halving them. Transfer to a big mixing bowl and spoon over the dressing, gently stirring to make sure the potatoes are well coated. Drizzle over the yogurt, scatter over the coriander, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition per serving196 kcalories, protein 5g, carbohydrate 42g, fat 1 g, saturated fat 0g, fibre 3g, sugar 15g, salt 0.1 g