Riddles for Kids with Answers-Best Riddles with Answers
1.Riddle: How many months of the year have 28 days?
Answer: All of them! Every month has *at least* 28 days.
2.Riddle: What has hands and a face, but can’t hold anything or smile?
Answer: A clock.
3.Riddle: It belongs to you, but your friends use it more. What is it?
Answer: Your name.
4.Riddle: What has to be broken before you can use it?
Answer: An egg
5.Riddle: I’m tall when I’m young, and I’m short when I’m old. What am I?
Answer: A candle
6.Riddle: Riddle: What is full of holes but still holds water?
Answer: A sponge
5. Riddle: What question can you never answer yes to?
Answer: Are you asleep yet?
6. Riddle: What is always in front of you but can’t be seen?
Answer: The future
7. Riddle: There’s a one-story house in which everything is yellow. Yellow walls, yellow doors, yellow furniture. What color are the stairs?
Answer: There aren’t any—it’s a one-story house.
8. Riddle. What can you break, even if you never pick it up or touch it?
Answer: A promise
9. Riddle: What goes up but never comes down?
Answer: Your age
10.Riddle: There’s only one word in the dictionary that’s spelled wrong. What is it?
Answer: The word “wrong.” It’s the only word that’s spelled W-R-O-N-G.
11.Riddle: You’re running a race and at the very end, you pass the person in 2nd place. What place did you finish the race in?
Answer: You finished in 2nd place.
12.Riddle: I have a tail and a head, but no body. What am I?
Answer: A coin.
13.Riddle: What 2 things can you never eat for breakfast?
Answer: Lunch and dinner.
14. Riddle: A man who was outside in the rain without an umbrella or hat didn’t get a single hair on his head wet. Why?
Answer: He was bald.
15. Riddle: What gets wet while drying?
Answer: A towel
16. Riddle: What can you keep after giving to someone?
Answer: Your word
17. Riddle: I shave every day, but my beard stays the same. What am I?
Answer: A barber
18. Riddle: You see a boat filled with people, yet there isn’t a single person on board. How is that possible?
Answer: All the people on the boat are married.
19. Riddle: You walk into a room that contains a match, a kerosene lamp, a candle and a fireplace. What would you light first?
Answer: The match
20. Riddle: A man dies of old age on his 25 birthday. How is this possible?
Answer: He was born on February 29.Which word becomes shorter when you add 2 letters to it?
21.Riddle: Which word becomes shorter when you add 2 letters to it?
Answer: The word “short.”
22.Riddle: What’s the capital of France?
Answer: The letter “F.” It's the only capital letter in France
23. Riddle: I have branches, but no fruit, trunk or leaves. What am I?
Answer: A bank
24. Riddle: What can’t talk but will reply when spoken to?
Answer: An echo
25. Riddle: The more of this there is, the less you see. What is it?
26. Riddle: When Grant was 8, his brother was half his age. Now, Grant is 14. How old is his brother?
Answer: His brother is 10. Half of 8 is 4, so Grant’s brother is 4 years younger. This means when Grant is 14, his brother is still 4 years younger, so he’s 10.
27. Riddle: Two fathers and 2 sons spent the day fishing, but only caught 3 fish. This was enough for each of them to have one fish. How is this possible?
Answer: There were only 3 people fishing. There was one father, his son, and his son's son. This means there were 2 fathers and 2 sons, since one of them is a father and a son.
28. Riddle: I follow you all the time and copy your every move, but you can’t touch me or catch me. What am I?
Answer: Your shadow
29. Riddle: What has many keys but can’t open a single lock?
Answer: A piano
30. Riddle: What can you hold in your left hand but not in your right?
Answer: Your right elbow
31. Riddle: What is black when it’s clean and white when it’s dirty?
Answer: A chalkboard
32. Riddle: What gets bigger when more is taken away?
Answer: A hole
33. Riddle: I’m light as a feather, yet the strongest person can’t hold me for five minutes. What am I?
Answer: Your breath
34. Riddle: I’m found in socks, scarves and mittens; and often in the paws of playful kittens. What am I?
35. Riddle: Where does today come before yesterday?
Answer: The dictionary
36. Riddle: What invention lets you look right through a wall?
Answer: A window
37. Riddle: If you’ve got me, you want to share me; if you share me, you haven’t kept me. What am I?
Answer: A secret
38. Riddle: What can’t be put in a saucepan?
Answer: It’s lid
39. Riddle: What goes up and down but doesn’t move?
Answer: A staircase
40. Riddle: If you’re running in a race and you pass the person in second place, what place are you in?
Answer: Second place
41. Riddle: It belongs to you, but other people use it more than you do. What is it?
Answer: Your name
42. Riddle: Mrs. Brown has 5 daughters. Each of these daughters has a brother. How many children does Mrs. Brown have?
Answer: They have 6 children. Each daughter has the same brother. There are 5 daughters and 1 son.
43. Riddle: It’s raining at midnight, but the forecast for tomorrow and the next day is clear. Will there be sunny weather in 48 hours?
Answer: No, it won’t be sunny because it will be dark out. In 48 hours, it will be midnight again.
44. Riddle: There are 3 apples in the basket and you take away 2. How many apples do you have now?
Answer: You have 2 apples. You took away 2 apples and left 1 in the basket.
45. Riddle: What can you put between 7 and 8, to make the result greater than 7, but less than 8?
Answer: A decimal point. Your result would be 7.8, which is between 7 and 8.
46. 46.Riddle: What has lots of eyes, but can’t see?
Answer: A potato
47. Riddle: What has one eye, but can’t see?
Answer: A needle
48. Riddle: What has many needles, but doesn’t sew?
Answer: A Christmas tree
49. Riddle: What has hands, but can’t clap?
Answer: A clock
50. Riddle: What has legs, but doesn’t walk?
Answer: A table
51. Riddle: What has one head, one foot and four legs?
Answer: A bed
52. Riddle: What can you catch, but not throw?
Answer: A cold
53. Riddle: What kind of band never plays music?
Answer: A rubber band
54. Riddle: What has many teeth, but can’t bite?
Answer: A comb
55. Riddle: What is cut on a table, but is never eaten?
Answer: A deck of cards
56. Riddle: What has words, but never speaks?
Answer: A book
57. Riddle: What runs all around a backyard, yet never moves?
Answer: A fence
58. Riddle: What can travel all around the world without leaving its corner?
Answer: A stamp
59. Riddle: What has a thumb and four fingers, but is not a hand?
Answer: A glove
60. Riddle: What has a head and a tail but no body?
Answer: A coin
61. Riddle: Where does one wall meet the other wall?
Answer: On the corner
62. Riddle: What building has the most stories?
Answer: The library
63. Riddle: What tastes better than it smells?
Answer: Your tongue
64. Riddle: What has 13 hearts, but no other organs?
Answer: A deck of cards
65. Riddle: It stalks the countryside with ears that can’t hear. What is it?
66. Riddle: What kind of coat is best put on wet?
Answer: A coat of paint
67. Riddle: What has a bottom at the top?
Answer: Your legs
68. Riddle: What has four wheels and flies?
Answer: A garbage truck
69. Riddle: What begins with T, finishes with T, and has T in it?
Answer: A teapot.
70. Riddle: I am an odd number. Take away a letter and I become even. What number am I?
71. Riddle: What’s black and white and blue?
Answer: A sad zebra
72. Riddle: What has four eyes but can’t see?
73. Riddle: If you took two apples from a pile of three apples, how many apples would you have?
Answer: The one apple you took
74. Riddle: 81 x 9 = 801. What do you need to do to make this equation true?
Answer: Turn it upside down. 108 = 6 x 18.
75. Riddle: Double it and multiply it by 4. Then divide it by 8 and you’ll have it once more. What number is it?
Answer: Any number. If a number is doubled and multiplied by 4, it’s actually been multiplied by 8, so dividing by 8 will get you the original number again.
76. Riddle: What 3 numbers give the same result when multiplied and added together?
Answer: 1, 2, and 3 (1 + 2 + 3 = 6 and 1 x 2 x 3 = 6).
77. Riddle: Zoey has a very big family. She has 20 aunts, 20 uncles and 50 cousins. Each of her cousins has an aunt who is not Zoey’s aunt. How is this possible?
Answer: Their aunt is Zoey’s mom!
78.Riddle: Where can you find cities, towns, shops, and streets but no people?
Answer: A map.
79.What begins with an “e” and only contains one letter?
Answer: An envelope
80. Riddle: A word I know, six letters it contains, remove one letter and 12 remains. What is it?
81. Riddle: What would you find in the middle of Toronto?
Answer: The letter “o”
82. Riddle: You see me once in June, twice in November and not at all in May. What am I?
Answer: The letter “e”
83. Riddle: Two in a corner, one in a room, zero in a house, but one in a shelter. What is it?
Answer: The letter “r”
84. Riddle:I go all around the world, but never leave the corner. What am I?
Answer: A stamp.
85. Riddle: You’ll find me in Mercury, Earth, Mars and Jupiter, but not in Venus or Neptune. What am I?
Answer: The letter “R.”
86. Riddle: What can go up a chimney down, but can’t go down a chimney up?
Answer: An umbrella. If your umbrella is “down,” it can fit through a chimney, but if it’s “up,” it won’t fit!
87. Riddle: I make a loud sound when I’m changing. When I do change, I get bigger but weigh less. What am I?
88. Riddle: It has keys, but no locks. It has space, but no room. You can enter, but can’t go inside. What is it?
Answer: A keyboard.
89. Riddle: I can fill a room, but I take up no space. What am I?
90. Riddle: It’s the only place in the world where today comes before yesterday. Where is it?
Answer: The dictionary.
91. Riddle: If I have it, I don’t share it. If I share it, I don’t have it. What is it?
Answer: A secret.
92. Riddle: What goes away as soon as you talk about it?
93. Riddle: A railroad crossing without any cars. Can you spell that without any R’s?
Answer: T-H-A-T (This one is tricky! It makes readers think they’re supposed to describe the scenario without using the letter “R.” But the first sentence was actually used to distract the reader from the real question.)
94. Riddle: What has a neck but no head?
Answer : A bottle.
95. Riddle: Where does success come before work?
Answer: The dictionary.
96. Riddle: What word is pronounced the same if you take away four of its five letters?
97. Riddle: What can jump higher than a building?
Answer: Anything that can jump — buildings don’t jump, silly!
98. Riddle: An elephant in Africa is called Lala. An elephant in Asia is called Lulu. What do you call an elephant in Antarctica?
99. Riddle: Imagine you are in a room with no windows or doors. How will you get out?
Answer: Stop imagining.
100. Riddle: A group of bunnies were having a birthday party. What kind of music were they listening to?
Answer: Hip hop music.
101. Riddle: Where would you take a sick boat?
Answer: To the dock.
102. Riddle: What kind of room has no doors or windows?
Answer: A mushroom.
103. Riddle: I’m orange, I wear a green hat and I sound like a parrot. What am I?
Answer: A Carrot.
104. Riddle: What fruit can you never cheer up?
Answer: A blueberry.
105. Riddle: What did the zero say to the eight?
Answer: “Nice belt!”