7 amlas (indian gooseberries)
1/2 cup grated coconut
4 to 5 sliced green chillies
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp peanuts
1/2 tsp chana dal
1/2 tsp urad dal
5 dry red chillies
a pinch asafoetida
6 curry leaves
a pinch turmeric powder
2 1/2 cups steamed rice
1/4 cup boiled green peas
Wash and chop the amla around the seed and discard the seeds.Combine the amlas, coconut, green chilles and salt and blend in a mixer into paste, adding little water. Keep aside.Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.When the seeds crackle, add the peanuts, urad dal, chana dal, chillies, asafoedita and curry leaves, and saute for a minute on a medium flame.Add the ground amla paste and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 minutes, stirring once in between.Add the steamed rice, green peas and salt and mix gently, cover and cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame.Serve hot.
Benefits of Amla:
Amla promotes Digestion,Amla Benefits for Diabetes,Amla improves Skin Health,Reduces Cholesterol,Prevents Cancer,for Weight Loss.
- Amla is a source of Vitamin-C which makes it a mighty medicine against cough and cold. Its intake can provide immunity to the body and helps in reducing flu and throat infection.
- Amla can be helpful in preventing mouth ulcers. Rinsing with amla juice can reduce the occurrence of it.
- Amla has anti-inflammatory properties. It can reduce pain and swelling and is helpful against diseases like arthritis.
- Amla is a stress reliever and can help in inducing sound sleep.
- Amla helps in improving memory and improves cognitive functions. It also aids in improving central nervous system of the body.
- Age related macular degeneration can be avoided by its consumption.
- It aids in proper functioning of liver and urinary system.