Release of BJP Manifesto for 2014 Lok Sabha Elections.
Senior leaders LK Advani and Sushma Swaraj, party president Rajnath Singh and others were present during the release of the document. In its 52-page election manifesto, the saffron party raised the main slogans of "Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat" (One India, best India) and "Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikaas".
Senior party leader Murli Manohar Joshi, who headed the BJP manifesto committee, told reporters that the focus is on five Ts in the party's manifesto talent, tourism, trade, tradition and technology.
"Our country has moved backwards in the last 10 years. The BJP manifesto focuses on things that will help the country bounce back," Joshi said.
BJP's manifesto for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections is expected to reiterate its commitment to Hindutva issues relating to the demand for a Ram temple at Ayodhya, uniform civil code and Article 370 as articulated in its 2009 manifesto.
"BJP reiterates its stand to explore all possibilities within the framework of the Constitution to facilitate the construction of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya," the manifesto, delayed by a fortnight, said.
"BJP believes that there cannot be gender equality till such time India adopts a UCC which protects the rights of all women and the BJP reiterates its stand to draft a UCC drawing upon the best traditions and harmonising them with modern times," said the document.
Terming the period of UPA I and II as "the decade of decay", the manifesto said India had a "free fall" on all fronts, including governance, economy, diplomacy, foreign policy, border safety, etc.
At the same time, corruption, scams and crime against women have been reached "unacceptable" level. There has been a gross misuse of government and institutions. There has also been erosion of authority of the office of prime minister.
The party pledged to launch a national campaign for saving the girl child and educating her called "Beti Bachao - Beti Padhao".
Highlights of the BJP manifesto:
- The party reiterates its stand to explore all possibilities within framework of Constitution to facilitate construction of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
- Reiterating its stand on Art 370 and discussing with all stakeholders for abrogation of the Article.
- Ensuring minimisation of black money and setting up of a task force for this purpose.
- Putting in place strict measures and special courts to stop hoarding and black marketing.
Setting up a Price Stabilisation Fund.
- Unbundling FCI operations into procurement, storage and distribution for greater efficiency.
- Evolving a single National Agriculture Market.
- Promoting and support area specific crops and vegetables linked to food habits of the people.
- Developing high impact domains like labour intensive manufacturing, tourism, and strengthening traditional employment bases of agriculture and allied industry.
- Harnessing opportunities provided by the upgradation of infrastructure and housing.
- Encouraging and empowering youth for self employment and transforming employment exchanges into career centres.
- Eliminating corruption through public awareness, e-governance, rationalisation and simplification of tax regime.
- Harmonising Centre-state relations by evolving model of national development driven by the states.
- Setting up a Team India initiative which will include the PM and CMs as equal partners.
- Ensure fiscal autonomy of states and creation of regional councils of states of common problems and concerns.
- National Development Council and Inter-state Council will be revived and made into active body.
- Involving state governments in promotion of foreign trade and commerce.
- Greater decentralisation through smaller states.
Special emphasis on improving connectivity in Northeast region.
- Massive infrastructure development in NE region.
- Complete all pending fencing work along the India-Bangladesh and India-Myanmar border.
- Dealing with insurgency with a firm hand.
Thanks for Visiting womenspage.in